Signature Healer is carefully formulated with 12 healing herbs which are known to support healthy tissue, bones, joints & cartilage, skin, nails, hair, teeth & gums. Combined with other ingredients, it is a soothing and comforting salve that can relieve muscle inflammation, increase mobility, promote faster healing, repair damaged skin, reduce scarring from cuts and injuries, and provide numerous other health benefits!
Following is more information about the healing benefits of our ingredients:
Black Walnut contains high amounts of antioxidants and Vitamin B6, as well as Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, and Selenium. It is known for its ability to:
- Ward off Candida and other fungal infections
- Increase Cardiovascular Health
- Maintain healthy skin including treatment of warts and cold sores
- Soothe a sore throat
- Help with weight control by boosting your metabolism
- Purge parasites
- Reduce sweating by calming overactive sweat glands
- Provide compounds with anti-carcinogenic properties
- Promote deeper and healthier sleep
- Help control diabetes by improving blood vessel function and decreasing insulin levels
Chaparral has been used for centuries by Native American peoples of the Southwest. It is an herb derived from the Creosote Bush, and is claimed to help treat more than 50 ailments. Some benefits are as follows:
- Contains anti-cancer agents linked to tumor shrinkage and prevention
- High in anti-oxidants
- Anti-viral properties associated with preventing replication of viruses
- Anti-inflammatory activity which can reduce cellular damage and risk of neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases
- Improves headaches, sciatica, arthritis, and stomach ulcers and pain
Comfrey contains allantoin, rosmarinic acid and tannins which are substances that promote skin growth. It has traditionally been used for treatment of:
- Joint inflammation
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Swollen veins (phlebitis)
- Skin wounds & ulcers
Comfrey also contains poisonous chemicals called pyrrolizidine alkaloids and should not be taken internally.
Gravel Root is an herbal supplement derived from the roots, stems flowers and leaves of a flowering plant native to wooded wetlands in North America. It has a long history of use in herbal medicine and provides the following benefits:
- Helps reduce kidney stones
- Acts as a diuretic
- Has antifungal properties
- Contains cistifolin, a compound with anti-inflammatory properties
Gravel Root also contains toxic compounds called dehydropyrrolizidine alkaloids, which can cause liver damage and should not be taken internally.
The Horsetail herb comes from a fern that has been used in herbal medicine since the the time of the Roman Empire. It is known to have the following health benefits:
- Supports bone health by improving bone density
- Improves the consistency of cartilage tissue by improving the absorption of calcium and enhancing collagen synthesis
- Acts as a diuretic and helps with urinary incontinence
- Provides therapy for kidney stones and urethritis
- Contains high amounts of antioxidants and mineral salts
- Promotes healing of wounds and tissue regeneration
- Promotes hair and nail growth and health
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-diabetic
Lobelia is another herb used by Native Americans for centuries. It was also prescribed by physicians to induce vomiting to help remove toxins from the body. Herbalists use Lobelia for the following:
- Treatment of asthma symptoms
- Helps reduce the effects of nicotine and increases dopamine
- Helps relieve bronchitis, pneumonia and cough
- Clears mucus from the respiratory tract
Another powerful herb with many proven health benefits, marshmallow root has been used in herbal medicine for centuries. Among its many positive qualities are:
- Promotes wound healing – resists “superbug” bacteria
- Promotes skin health and appearance, and UV resistant
- Has analgesic qualities to help relieve pain
- Relieves and treats skin irritation caused by eczema and dermatitis
- Treats coughs, colds and bronchitis by reducing the formation of mucus
- Acts as a diuretic to help cleanse the kidneys and bladder
- Sooths and repairs irritated mucous membranes
- Aids in digestion and reduces constipation, heartburn and colic
- Supports heart health by treating lipemia, platelet aggregation, and inflammation
Also has a long history of use in traditional herbal medicine for use in treating irritation of the lungs, throat and bronchial passages. Used to treat:
- Common Cold
Mullein is also used as an expectorant, helping the body to expel excess mucous.
Skullcap also contains high levels of antioxidants, and has been used for over 2 centuries to treat numerous neurological disorders, including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. It has also been known to be effective for:
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and stress relief
- High blood Pressure
- Respiratory infections
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Liver disease
White Oak Bark**
White Oak Bark contains antioxidants and tannins, which are known to be effective in treating a number of medical conditions. Topical applications can:
- Soothe itchy or irritated skin
- Suppress inflammation
- Treat hemorrhoids
- Inhibit bacterial growth
- Tighten pores and dry out sores
- Treat burns
Wormwood is grown around the world and is known for its distinctive aroma and herby flavor. It too, has been used in herbal remedies for hundreds of years. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for:
- Pain relief
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing stress
- Improving physical function
- Fighting parasitic infections
- Combatting oxidative stress
- Treating Crohn’s disease
Olive oil has been used for thousands of years and has many well-documented health benefits. Olive oil is:
- Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats
- Helpful in preventing strokes
- Protective against heart disease
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- High in antioxidants
Olive oil may also be effective in treating Alzheimer’s Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Cancer and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Before the advent of modern oils like vegetable oil, tallow was used for centuries for cooking, soap and candle making, lubricating wood, leather and metal surfaces and as a healing salve and skin balm. Mutton tallow is low in cholesterol and especially nutritious and flavorful and has been favored by top chefs around the world.
Mutton tallow is still used today in high-quality skin care products. It has superior penetrating properties with more softening power than chemical or petroleum alternatives, which stay mostly on the surface of the skin. It is ideally suited for softening dead and calloused skin and especially effective when combined with our other skin care ingredients.
Beeswax is a healthy and wholesome product produced by one of nature’s tiny miracles (the honeybee) and is mostly comprised of esters, hydrocarbons and fatty acids. Its cosmetic and medicinal benefits have been known for centuries and documented as far back as 2000 years ago in China.
Beeswax sooths, conditions and hydrates the skin and creates a long-lasting barrier against harsh environmental elements while allowing the skin to breathe. It can help mitigate the effects of aging, including wrinkles, spots and skin damage. It is also anti-bacterial, anti viral, anti inflammatory, and hypo-allergenic.
It will sooth irritation and itchiness, help heal abrasions and help protect the body from harmful bacteria entering through broken or chapped skin. It becomes soft and pliable when exposed to human body temperature and lasts forever without spoiling or becoming rancid. In addition to all these wonderful qualities, beeswax is also aromatic, with a pleasing mild and natural scent.
**These statements have not been verified by the United States Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to cure, heal, prevent or treat diseases or viruses. Indian Maid is a company based in Circleville, UT that specializes in making age-old salve and balm treatments to help people live better lives. It is for external use only and should not be used in place of necessary medical advice.
Send us a note...
Indian Maid Herbs